This year’s exam has been very well conducted by the CLAT permanent body so far. The CLAT 2019 paper was a good one. It has been able to bring out the most intelligent as well as the most hard working candidates at every level.
In case you have done well in at least one of the important law entrance exams, then it is very good. But if you have not done well in any of them, do not look back. This is just one small step towards a sea of opportunity waiting for you in the long run. If you are sad, then it is a good sign. It means you have the deep desire to excel. Trust me, your future is very bright. After all, how many times will luck not favour you?
If someone says that it doesn’t matter what law school you study in, that person is trying to wrongly console you (although with good intentions). Ranking does matter and a better law school always helps you for all jobs and opportunities. So, do feel extremely sad for your failures. Then only you will bounce back again. This is not the end.
Often, what you are being tested on is unfortunately not suitable for you in comparison to others. But everyone is very special and every one gets opportunities. Be positive. There will be a way. You need to dig out the best possible law school for you.
Here is some useful information:
- After BA.LL.B. one has an option to go for LL.M. from a top law school (globally). After that, it does not matter from where you completed BA.LLB.
- The results of other exams like LSAT India are still pending.
- The cut-off for Jindal Global Law School is likely to be in the 65 to 70 percentile this year. Among others this is very good option.
- Among other private law schools, ILNU, SLS Pune, and SLS Noida are good options.
- Bottom 8 NLUs will take admission till 3000 to 6000 CLAT rank after July 4.
- The top 15-18 law schools in India are also good now. The others are also most likely to be good by the time you pass out in 5 years.
- Some top educational brands have started new law schools. It will be easy to get those this year, and these may turn out to be good law schools in future.