Who is DevOps Engineer
A DevOps engineer is an IT generalist with a broad understanding of development and operations, as well as coding, infrastructure management, system administration, and DevOps toolchains.
In this article, I’ll show you how to do the following:
- A DevOps resume sample that received a minimum of 9 out of 10 reviews from other resumes.
- How to make a DevOps CV that will get you more interviews.
- Tips and examples for writing a DevOps CV that includes skills and experience.
Sample of a resume
Now let’s understand how a DevOps engineer resume should be –
- Chronological format – This is the format which is used by most of the recruiters in worldwide.
- Relevant contact details – Here your full name with phone number and email should be mentioned.
- Strong resume summary – Through a short paragraph, you have to write your years of experience, most relevant skills, and achievements.
- Accomplishments over responsibilities – Here you have to write about your responsibilities that has been successfully accomplished by you, and you have to quantifies them as much as possible.
- Bullet points – The information should be in bullet points, which makes it easier to read.
- Basic education section – The candidate should keep their education section short and to the point.
- Relevant DevOps skills – Mention only relevant skills which is need to be grabbed the interviewer attention. So, their and your time gets saved.
- Add value with extra sections – Her you can add some extra things like your certifications, curriculum activities, attended the conferences. That can show your strength and helps you stand out of others.
Key DevOps Skills Samples
- Cloud: Azure, AWS, GCP
- Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, Ansible, Dynatrace, AppDynamics and Prometheus.
- Firewall: Sophos and Iptables.
- Version control system: Git and Confluence.
- Operating System: Windows, Linux (Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu)
- Virtualization Software: Vagrant.
- Database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MongoDB
- Server Configuration (Samba Server, DNS, Apache Web Server, Mail Server, Squid Proxy, DHCP Server, NFS, NIS, SSH, FTP, Iptables (Linux firewall), YUM Server, Postfix server, Exim server).
- Implementation of File and Storage Management (RAID, LVM and ACL Quota).
- VMware workstation.
- Backup and Recovery, Job Scheduling, Kernel Customization and Troubleshooting, Symantec DLO and backup excel.
DevOps Engineer Professional Experience Sample
1. Senior DevOps Engineer Resume Sample –
- Owned Agile methods and sprint planning
- Ensured that the development, staging, and production environments were maintained, documented, and upgraded.
- Project management of cross-discipline, remote teams.
- Initiated and led engineering meetings.
- Infrastructure and DevOps (Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant, AWS, GCE, Grafana, Kibana).
- Front-end development (React, Relay, GraphQL, React Native) – Back-end development (React, Relay, GraphQL, React Native) (Mongo, Redis, Elasticsearch, Mailgun, Redshift, Node).
- Product Manager for Mobile (React Native, CodePush, Sketch)
- Created and released React/React Native cross-platform apps (Node.js, ES7, Meteor).
- Owned Data Ops: ETL, Warehousing, Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Database Administration (Redshift, Mixpanel, Segment).
- Created and maintained internal and external infrastructure (AWS, Compose, Atlas).
- Ansible, Puppet, and Capistrano deployment management
- Using automation technologies (Ansible and Puppet), Jenkins, and Docker, configure continuous integration/delivery and deployment of Hybris (SAP) projects on Linux platforms.
2. Junior / Entry-Level DevOps Resume Sample –
- Collaborate successfully with the Engineering, QA, and Operations teams to manage application code.
- Develop and share engineering best practices.
- Provide a framework for deployment.
- Assist in the creation of a test environment.
- Provide a framework for application monitoring.
- Provide a framework for production application health checks.
- Provide support for source control management software (Git, Bitbucket and Github Enterprise).
- Versioning of applications and dependencies is supported (Maven and Artifactory).
- Provide a foundation for continuous integration (Jenkins and Docker).
- Provide a framework for test execution and automation.
- Provide a framework for application visibility changes.
Strong resume summary sample
DevOps engineer with 5+ years of experience in architecting and automating integral deployments over big infrastructure. Proficient in Jenkins, Node.js, AWS and in developing CI pipelines. Leading a team of 5 in Company X, we slashed release time by 25%.
Relevant contact details sample
DevOps certified Engineer
Master’s in Computer Science (MSC)
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer
- The DevOps Conference 2020
- Renewable Energy
- Artificial Intelligence