JEE Main 2020 registration process is going to end on September 30, 2019. Candidates can apply at jeemain.nic.in
JEE Main 2020: Attention candidates, the last date to register for JEE Main is getting near. As per the notification released earlier this month, the last date to apply for JEE Main 2020 is September 30, 2019. Candidate can visit the official website of JEE to apply for JEE Main 2020. The official website to keep in mind is jeemain.nic.in.
JEE Main 2020: How to apply
Step 1: Log on to the official website of JEE (Main) 2020 i.e. jeemain.nic.in
Step 2: On the homepage, click on the link which says “JEE MAIN 2020 January Session”
Step 3: A new page will appear
Step 4: Login using your credentials and fill the form
Step 5: Upload the required documents and pay the application fee
Step 6: Click on submit.
JEE (Main) 2020: Eligibility criteria
- For appearing in the JEE (Main) examination there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed class 12 th / equivalent examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) examination 2020.
- The candidates should also satisfy themselves about their fulfilling the age limit requirements of the Institutes in which they are desirous of taking admission. The candidates must note that the IITs have an age limit/restriction, which will be published in JEE(Advanced)-2020 Information Brochure.
List of qualifying examinations (QE):
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ state board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized board/ university.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the joint services wing of the National Defense Academy (NDA)
- Senior secondary school examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects
- Any public school/ board/ university examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Higher secondary certificate vocational examination
- A diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3 year duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the advanced level
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva
About JEE (Main):
JEE Main score is applicable for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, and even private engineering and architecture courses. A cut-off will also be released for the candidates to qualify for JEE Advanced exam which is an entrance gateway for admission to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).